I don't know about you, but the mere thought of being in a corn maze gives me an anxiety attack! But, for those who are interested, there are a couple mazes within an hour drive of Nyack. They are:
New Years Resolutions in Nyack
Dated: December 29 2011
I always make resolutions for the start of each new year and it doesn't take too long into the new year for me to forget about them or to relax about those resolutions. I have figured out why (or at least a few of the reasons) this keeps happening. So, I'm taking a different approach to this year's resolutions. If you're anything like me, this list may help you as well!
1. Have a very strong "WHY" - the reason you are resolving to do something differently.
2. Write your goals down and post them somewhere where you can see them every day, preferably in the morning so you remind yourself each day of what you want to accomplish.
3. Pick one new habit and practice it for 30 days - after that, it should be a new habit in place of the old one.
4. Focus on the positive aspects of the changes - instead of "I can't", keep your eye on "I will be able to . . . ."
5. Be grateful - for all the little and big things and everything in between!
6. Surround yourself with people and things that make you happy.
7. Keep things in perspective - it is not the end of the world if every once in a while you slip up and do the thing you decided to change. Consider it a blip, get back to it, and keep focusing on the outcome of the overall change.
Lastly, smile at yourself and others - it is infectious and you never know when your smile will make a huge difference in someone else's day!
Does anyone else have additional things to keep us on track?
I am a Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker and work full time helping people to achieve their dreams of home ownership or their dreams of selling their home or both. I love working with buyers and s....