It seems that there is a "national ______ day" for just about everything these days. But, I figured what better day to share this cooking tidbit that I just found, than National Corn on the Cob Day.
I Love Being A REALTOR® In Nyack
Dated: September 4 2014
I have traveled around the globe a couple of times, made frequent and extended business trips to Europe, have given talks to large groups in China, Spain, Germany, the UK, and various other locations. I have sold multi-million dollar systems to healthcare labs around the globe and have managed large businesses for global corporations.
But, I'm most content now - playing "match maker" between buyers and sellers of homes, representing the best interests of my clients and living in Nyack, NY. I get to use all of the listening, negotiating, and management skills that I learned in Corporate America. But I also get to use those skills were actually honed at my Grandmother's house and include:
- Respect for others and for yourself,
- Being yourself, with all your quirks and talents
- Focusing on what you are doing at the moment (in the Corporate world, we called it "Be Here Now!" - which means no texting or answering calls when with clients or in a meeting, or when you're supposed to be paying attention to someone with whom you are engaged in a conversation. Really, unless it truly is CRITICAL, you can return the call or text when you can focus on THAT person),
- Occasionally biting your tongue ("If you can't say something nice . . ." ), and back to the basic
- "Treat others as you want them to treat you." (I loved Robert Fulghum's book "Everything I Need to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten".)
I am a Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker and work full time helping people to achieve their dreams of home ownership or their dreams of selling their home or both. I love working with buyers and s....