I don't know about you, but the mere thought of being in a corn maze gives me an anxiety attack! But, for those who are interested, there are a couple mazes within an hour drive of Nyack. They are:
How To Prevent Frozen Pipes
Dated: February 1 2019
With freezing temperatures upon us it is important to make sure the pipes in your home do not freeze. The following techniques might help:
1. Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
2. Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up out of the reach of children.
3. When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing.
4. Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By temporarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
5. If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55° F.
Click here to see the listings of energy efficient homes for sale in Rockland.
After forming and running his own successful technology company, Christian set his sights on exploring a growing passion for Real Estate. He purchased his first property at 23 years old and since then....