Great article attached regarding "swaps" to make to reduce plastic waste in our everyday lives. And, please be gentle with our watery natural resources (rivers, lakes, oceans, etc.) The number of
Holiday Cleaning Tips For Guest Readiness
Dated: December 7 2018
You don't have to be Heloise the Housekeeper Extraordinaire! You can bring your home to sparkling guest-readiness without going overboard. Here are a few tips that will keep your home merry, bright, and clean:
1. Remember the first impression. The entryway is the first thing your guests experience. Make sure the front door is dust and dirt-free, give the doormat a good shake, and check that nothing has collected on floors and furniture legs. These are the first things guests will see when they arrive, so keeping the entry clean will guarantee a good first impression.
2. The heart of the home. People always gather around the food during the holidays, so make sure your kitchen is clean and smells nice. Don’t forget to dust the light fixtures and flush sink drains with boiling water.
3. The guest bathroom. Don’t just wipe surfaces in your guest bathroom; Put some "elbow grease" and a stiff-bristled brush along with cleanser to really scrub things clean.
5. Remember your garbage disposal. Cut down on odors by chopping up a whole lemon, rind and all, and let the disposal consume it. Throw in ice cubes to sharpen the blades.
6. Make sure you can see the guests coming. Keep your windows clean and streak-free, inexpensively, with an easy mixture of vinegar and hot water in a spray bottle. Wipe down windows with a reusable microfiber cloth.
7. With all your holiday cooking, stovetops and ovens will get dirty. Baking soda and water make a simple scouring solution that can scrub off that baked-on gunk. A little lemon juice can leave a fresh smell, too.
8. To save money, use this bathroom cleaning tip. To unclog a drain, pour half a cup of baking soda followed by half a cup of vinegar down the drain. Cover the drain for at least 30 minutes, then flush it with boiling water.
I am a Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker and work full time helping people to achieve their dreams of home ownership or their dreams of selling their home or both. I love working with buyers and s....