It's that time of the year again! In Nyack, New City, Warwick, Marlboro, and various other locations within an hour's trip. Apples ripe for picking, eating, and making apple tarts, apple
5 Projects To Get Your Home Ready To Sell
Whether your home is in Nyack, Palisades, Tomkins Cove, Suffern, or anywhere between these points, a little effort prior to putting it on the market will go a long way toward a quick sale at a good price.
Take a look around your home as if you are seeing it for the first time. What would stop you from buying it again? How can you put your home's "best face" forward so others can see its appeal and value? Here are 5 things to do in preparation.
1. Improve the Curb Appeal. Make sure people can get to the front door without having to walk on the grass. Trim all the bushes, re-mulch the beds, remove any dead plants and trees, and, if need be, paint the front door and trim.
2. Get a Home Inspection. It might sound silly -- aren't Home Inspections for the buyers? But, being "forewarned" is being "forearmed." This way you know of any possible issues that may come up and can remedy them before putting the house on the market. Or you will know to expect any issues to affect the final price of your home.
3. Clean or Replace Flooring and Paint Walls/Trim. Nothing drops the value of a house faster than dirty carpets and worn floors. Buyers look at them and see $$ that they will need to spend replacing/repairing flooring. Also, if your walls are a new, trendy, vibrant color, you will likely want to repaint to a more neutral hue. Make sure the trim work is clean. Repaint it, if need be.
4. Tackle the Basement, Attic, and Garage. If you are like most people, the things you don't want to contemplate or deal with, end up in one of these locales. Buyers don't want to see the clutter. So, since you are going to move anyway, go through it, organize it, donate it, dispose of it, or pack it up for the move and enjoy the added space in the meantime.
5. Consult a Stager. A professional stager can create a plan that can help buyers see themselves in the house. They will assess many things, including curb appeal, interior flow, closets, bookcases, media cabinets, flooring, and more. They will recommend things like neutralizing outdated decor, removing old furnishings, updating lighting, and other things that will help the buyers see your house it its very best light.
Doing these things before the house is put on the market allows you and your agent to present the property in its very best light and to create the kind of first impression that has the offers coming in quickly.
I am a Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker and work full time helping people to achieve their dreams of home ownership or their dreams of selling their home or both. I love working with buyers and s....
Latest Blog Posts
CLARKSTOWN ROCKLAND COUNTY NEW YORK - REAL ESTATE STATS AUGUST 2017 VS AUGUST 2018How has the real estate market changed this year? These statistics reflect the month of August in each year.&
Fabulous contemporary home designed by Charles Winter with spectacular river views. Very private, beautiful landscape created by mother nature. Spacious Master Suite. Master Bath features steam
As the days grow shorter, it’s time for fall planting. This is a great time to reseed or plant a new lawn as grass grows best on cool nights with warm days. It is also the time to get your,