Whether your home is in Nyack, Palisades, Tomkins Cove, Suffern, or anywhere between these points, a little effort prior to putting it on the market will go a long way toward a quick sale at a good price.
Take a look around your home as if you are seeing it for the first time. What would stop you from buying it again? How can you put your home's "best face" forward so others can see its appeal and value? Here are 5 things to do in preparation.
1. Improve the Curb Appeal. Make sure people can get to the front door without having to walk on the grass. Trim all the bushes, re-mulch the beds, remove any dead plants and trees, and, if need be, paint the front door and trim.
2. Get a Home Inspection. It might sound silly -- aren't Home Inspections for the buyers? But, being "forewarned" is being "forearmed." This way you know of any possible issues that may come up and can remedy them before putting the house on the market. Or you will know to expect any issues to affect the final price of your home.
3. Clean or Replace Flooring and Paint Walls/Trim. Nothing drops the value of a house faster than dirty carpets and worn floors. Buyers look at them and see $$ that they will need to spend replacing/repairing flooring. Also, if your walls are a new, trendy, vibrant color, you will likely want to repaint to a more neutral hue. Make sure the trim work is clean. Repaint it, if need be.
4. Tackle the Basement, Attic, and Garage. If you are like most people, the things you don't want to contemplate or deal with, end up in one of these locales. Buyers don't want to see the clutter. So, since you are going to move anyway, go through it, organize it, donate it, dispose of it, or pack it up for the move and enjoy the added space in the meantime.
5. Consult a Stager. A professional stager can create a plan that can help buyers see themselves in the house. They will assess many things, including curb appeal, interior flow, closets, bookcases, media cabinets, flooring, and more. They will recommend things like neutralizing outdated decor, removing old furnishings, updating lighting, and other things that will help the buyers see your house it its very best light.
Doing these things before the house is put on the market allows you and your agent to present the property in its very best light and to create the kind of first impression that has the offers coming in quickly.
Author:Diane Mitchell Phone: 845-480-1819 Dated: March 16th 2017 Views: 241 About Diane: I am a Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker and work full time helping people to achieve their drea...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Located a mere 35 minutes north of Manhattan, in Nyack NY, Wright Bros. Real Estate Inc., is a leader in the lower Hudson Valley real estate market. Wright Bros. was founded in 1929, yet represents the best of traditional market knowledge, cutting edge technology and top -notch customer service - all provided by 35 of the most experienced agents in the industry.
We combine the very latest in proprietary internet marketing, and make use of the most current and relevant real estate and social media platforms. We are considered leaders and innovators - always willing to try what is new, and use what is proven. Russ Woolley, principal broker, has more than 36 years of real estate experience, and his partner Justin Tracy, information and renowned internet Guru, have created a most unusual firm. We want your business, and our agents are committed to your success !
The "blogs" on the Wright Bros. websites are original content created by individual independent contractor agents and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Ownership of Wright Bros. We encourage free exchange of ideas and opinions.
My wife and I are on our annual Easter pilgrimage to Montreal. &
"Nancy Blaker Weber was fantastic to work with. She thoughtfully guided us through our home
purchase. Everything went smoothly, which was not just by chance. Nancy carefully managed the whole
experience from the first viewing to closing. We knew we were in very good hands. I would highly
recommend her to anyone looking to buy or sell."